Κυριακή 9 Νοεμβρίου 2014

And the winners of the 32nd Athens Marathon are… Kenyan! (photos + video)!!

The race brought people from 120 countries to run the ancient route!!
Kenyan long-distance runner Felix Kandie is the winner of the 32nd Athens Classic Marathon with a record win after he covered the 42km-course in 2:10:36. With this result he broke the previous record set by Italian Stephano Baldini at 2:10:55.
KAN
“This is my first time in Athens and I am happy,” he said. “I desired to be in the top three and manage to do my best time. The people here were very good and the atmosphere was welcoming. Running at the historic Panathinaic stadium made me happy. I had heard about this stadium in Kenya and I am very happy.”
DANCE
Raymond Bett, also from Kenya, came second. This was his fourth time at the Athens Marathon and he had reserved optimism despite being last year’s winner and receiving first place in the Marathon twice and second place twice in previous years. He was pleased with his time.
fragkoulis_marath
The best Greek winner was Christoforos Meroussis from the isle of Chios with 2 hours and 25 minutes.
(source:protothema)

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου